We collect certain information or data about you when you use our website.
We ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, as adopted into law of the United Kingdom in the Data Protection Act 2018.
- whilst using our website or services you may be required to provide personal information (name, address, email etc.)
- your email address when you sign up to our offers
This data can be viewed by us to
- allow you to access our web-site, place orders
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to.
- send email alerts to users who request them.
Where your data is stored
- We store your data on secure servers.
Keeping your data secure
- Sending information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data while it’s in transit.
- Any data you send is at your own risk.
- We have procedures and security features in place to keep your data secure once we receive it.
Disclosing your information
- We may pass on your personal information if we have a legal obligation to do so.
- We may also share your information with our contracted freight companies to facilitate the delivery of goods.
- We won’t share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your details to other websites.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Some cookies on this site are essential, and the site won't work as expected without them. These cookies are set when you submit a form, login or interact with the site by doing something that goes beyond clicking on simple links.
We may use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- Take and fulfil customer orders.
- Administer and enhance the site and service.
- Issue a unique identifier (e.g. customer login).
- Monitor customer account status beyond that required for individual purchases.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Cookies set by this site are called 'www.lakelandfragrances.co.uk'. You can block them through your browser's user settings. If you are not sure how please use your browser's 'help' function to find out. Or you can visit AboutCookies.org, which explains how you can delete and control all cookies set by your browser. Please see Safeguarding your data on the Google Analytics website for details of Google's policy regarding the privacy and security of the Analytics service.
|The table below explains the cookies we use and why.|
|PHPSESSID||PHPSESSID||This cookie is used to establish and continue a user session on the site.|
|Currency Selection||currency||This cookie is used to record the user's preferred currency selection.|
|Language Selection||language||This cookie is used to record the user's preferred language selection.|
|Display||display||This cookie is used to record the user's preferred display selection.|
|Google Analytics (if installed)||_utma
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site, which we use to help improve it. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.|
- You can find out what personal information we hold on you and ask us not to use any of the information we collect.
- Should you wish to receive a copy of this, or would like to be removed from our database, please contact us at email@example.com
- Our security procedures mean we may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your e-mail address and possibly your address.
- If you’ve signed up for email alerts, you can unsubscribe or change your settings at any time by selecting the ‘unsubscribe’ link that appears in every email.